90 minute Pre recorded Video Presentation
- Log in and watch as many times as you like
- Stop and start as needed
- Share it with your children's other parent
When we asked parents these Questions about this online session they said:
Would parents recommend this session to other Parents?
100% said yes
How helpful was this session to you as a parent or carer?
36% said very helpful
64% said extremely helpful
What are parent's key takeaways from the session?
Sexuality Education for Parents of Primary School Aged Children
- Start discussing these topics now about your body, respect for others and keep the door open for sex questions at any age, the younger you start the easier this is with your kids
- Talk more about the physical act of intercourse and outercourse and how to do that
- Feel comfortable talking about bodies and their changes
- Arm kids with info early on is better, just need to message it appropriately based on age.
- Take every opportunity to relay the types of messages we want our kids to have about sex, sexuality and relationships as they go. Use the teachable moments and be open and askable.
Sexuality Education for Parents of Secondary School Aged Children
- Never er away from those 'difficult/ sometime awkward' conversations
- Invitation to talk and listening being a key point - being an askable parent
- To keep having great conversations ... Guidance on language to use and assumptions to look out for
- Be the person they want to talk to about these issues
- Have a long series of conversations over a long period of time
- Take every opportunity to relay the types of messages we want our kids to have about sex, sexuality and relationships as they go
- Use the teachable moments and be open and askable
Just some of the comments in the chat box from one live session on the 5th August 2020:
- Thanks Vanessa! This is the second time I’ve attended this talk and it’s been really helpful both times. Cheers!
- Thank you so much so helpful for me
- Thanks so much Vanessa, great session, very helpful
- Thanks Vanessa much appreciated
- Thank you Vanessa lots to take in and very useful